Friday, April 27, 2007

Ten-Pin Bowling

Earlier this week I was invited to an afternoon of bowling with some perfume models I know. I haven't been bowling in years, but since there are lanes popping up everywhere recently I figured I'd give it a shot.

I was quite amazed at the layout of the place...way different than what I expected. We actually had cocktails and lunch before we even started playing the game! After my two Cosmo's and an order of Tomato and Cheese S'mores...we broke up into teams and picked our balls. Ten pounds suited me fine, though I imagine others might have quite a problem with ten pound balls. But let me keep my mind out of the gutter…since quite a few of my balls went there!

Anyway, I find it interesting how popular bowling has become again. When I was younger, bowling was the thing to do…but I think that people lost interest for a while. Now…boy…it's definitely back in full swing. I read the other day about Carmen Electra and Kirsten Dunst doing some bowl for charity event. Brandon Roth used to work at Lucky Strike before becoming the man of steel. The lanes I went to even has a dress code! And I've been carrying a Mark Jacobs handbag modeled in the style of a bowling bag for years…but my obsession with handbags is another story.



I don’t know what it is about bowling, but I really find it enjoyable. Maybe it's the fact that I'm pretty good at it (at least in my group of friends I am!). I did score the highest on both teams. Maybe it's the fact that there is so much precision involved. The perfect ball, the perfect finger hole, the perfect stance. It's a lot like sex, actually, which I'm also pretty good at. Whatever it is…I have to make sure that I keep this on my regular list of things to do.

Tomorrow I'm headed for Miami for the weekend...I can't wait to share my exploits!

No comments: