Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pop Culture Minute

OK. So I'm going to take a minute to talk about the recent goings-on in pop culture. Because I love it. And because it's all anyone is talking about right now.

Britany...oh Britany. My goodness. I'm all for baring yourself...and feeling beautiful with what you've got...but...need you show us ALLLL you've got? I mean...if you don't want to commit to the gym, or to eating less...then...put on a top that goes all the way down to your waist.
By the way...that little blonde silly girl on The View said something about her not being "fat." I'm sorry. She was fat. Too fat to be badly dancing with a bikini on.

Jennifer Hudson in Sex in the City. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm actually not even sure how I feel about the film being made at all. I hope that they don't ruin a perfectly perfect show. The characters were so real. Of course, I always felt akin to Samantha...the (sort of) aging vixen. She did what she wanted and never said she was sorry. Just like me!

Finally...I saw a video of Mandy Moore singing that song "Umbrella" on You Tube. It was just not right. Firstly...she shouldn't be allowed to be a star anymore. I can't stand her little prissy happy sweet girl face. (But that's besides the point.) Secondly...no one needed to make that song over. No matter how good a singer you are (and she's really not that great)...that song is purely bubble gum catchy pop (hip pop, if you will). There was no need to try to make it serious and soulful.

Ok. Now I'm off to make myself a drink, and watch Extra or read US Weekly. I love it, and I am not afraid to admit it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For what its worth, you are much sexier than Samantha ever was on Sex in the City!!!