Friday, October 26, 2007

Computer Trauma

So I spent two hours on the phone with "Ray" from Verizon Internet last night and figured out what was wrong with my laptop. It seems that ebizwebpages (where my Chat Line website is hooked through) doesn't allow me to connect with a MAC....so I dug out my old old old 2001 HP PC Laptop to try to use that. Now I'm having trouble trying to download JAVA patches in order to open up the Live Chat Line on Firefox Browser. I don't know what the hell to do next. I spent all that money on a MAC laptop and it doesn't even work with the chat line.

UGH.

What is there to do but go out and buy a new computer? I thought about getting the Geek Squad out here to fix it, but...what does that do? Delay my getting a new computer for a few weeks...or months? I don't know. It's just frustrating. Everything was going well enough until a few weeks ago, then PfffT, done. No more access.

Why can't they make computers a little easier to understand. And why can't websites be a little more user friendly for both MAC and PC? Really, all I want to do is have access to my Live Chat in my living room! Any suggestions? Help!!!

2 comments:

Westopher said...

If it makes you feel better, I understand your frustration! Not that I can acually help you, just saying.

Anonymous said...

Get a cheap Windows laptop and a Mac Air.

OR ...

Buy a monster Mac G4 and run both systems.

But they are hefty in price AND weight.

The Windows laptop for home and the Mac Air for the coffee shop.