Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Breaking the Laws of Fashion

I wore white pants today. Is it a crime? You would have thought that I was breaking the laws of human nature, not making a fashion "faux pas." More than one person mentioned it...and I felt like I was being critically stared at as I walked down the street. (Or maybe I just look that good).

Look. I am cute. And I look good in my white pants. And I don't really know who made up the rules of not wearing white after a certain date...but I also don't really give a crap. Why should I keep a perfectly cute pair of pants in the closet for three quarters of the year? I pay way too much money for my pants to hide them away like were contraband when it's 80 degrees outside!

As I said..I'm not sure who made up these silly rules of style...but I've never really felt the need to subscribe to them. No short skirts after a certain age? We all know I don't follow that one.

Wearing last years trends...yes...I'm guilty on that count as well. I admit I'm going to pull out the leggings again this fall. I don't care if they are in style or not. I like them. They highlight my calves.

And Pigtails on a grown woman...well...I'm a fan...but they're only for when I'm feeling naughty.
;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is useless without pictures. Hint: Have your photographer stand north of you walking south.

Anonymous said...

I will need to see a pic of you in the white pants to be sure...LOL

Bluecat4usa said...

It's all good Lady! Just can't stand to see guys with white shoes and white belts anytime of the year.

Anonymous said...

you must have missed the sixties by just a few years. I bet that pissed you off. Yep you were raised on Elvis Ricky and Fabian and missed out totally on the greatful dead and everything that went with it. Not me! I am only 60 and am still smoking! HA If you ever get to Texas , Ill let you ride bitch on my Harley. Peace Out

Anonymous said...

I am sure you'd look spectacular in leggings.

But legs as lovely as yours are meant to be in a skirt with nylons!